This guide describes the features of the New MapBrowser.
You may also be interested in:
The new MapBrowser page includes the following elements:
Use the Search box to
The toolbar on the top edge of the screen provides quick access to the following tools:
- Location tool - use this tool to find information for a location on the map. Please refer to the Location Tool guide.
- Measurement tools - use these tools to measure the length of an object or path using the line tool. Measure the area of an object or space, or find the radius. Please refer to the Measurement Tools guide.
- Text tool - use this tool to add text annotations to imagery in MapBrowser. Please refer to the Text Annotations section on this page.
- Height and Width Tools - use these tools to Height and Width Tools guide. measure the distance along the ground in Oblique photos. Please refer to the
- Export tool - use this tool to save an image from MapBrowser or export an image to be used in other applications. Please refer to the Export guide.
Available functions depend on your Nearmap subscription.
Vertical - This is the standard, fully orthorectified overhead aerial map.
Panorama - Panorama imagery offers a 45-degree angle view of a location, when available.
Terrain - This map type lets you view the terrain. It can be very helpful to switch Street Maps or Properties on while viewing the terrain map to make navigating the map easier.
Roads - The Roads shows a view of the street maps only, with no aerial imagery visible.
lick on any of the cardinal directions on the compass to quickly switch to a North, South, East or West Panorama for the current location.
6) Locate Me
- For Locate Me to work, users will need to allow access to use their location - clicking ‘Don’t Allow’ will prevent the feature from being enabled. You can change this permission at any time using your web browser settings.
- If you have chosen to use the Locate Me feature, we may record the approximate location of where you accessed this feature. We do not track or record your location as you move.
7) Split View
8) Date Selection
Using the MapBrowser date selection tool, you can view any available historical captures of your area of interest.
Read more in the Date Selection Tool guide.
Optimized for all Devices
You can zoom in easily using your mouse or trackpad on your computer, or using pinch & zoom on a touch screen device.
The Text tool in the toolbar at the top of the screen allows you to add text annotations to imagery in MapBrowser.
Click the Text tool, and enter the text you want to add to the image:
Changing base layers will persist the text annotation between layers, however when moving between Vertical to Panorama or Oblique, the placement of the annotation will be be slightly off due to the change in perspective.
Annotations currently cannot be ‘saved’, but this is a feature that will be available in the future.
Google Street View
To view a location from the new MapBrowser in Google Street View, right click on the location you want to see and select the Google Street View option.
Read more about viewing a location in Google Street View.