We capture our imagery using light aircraft. There are a number of factors that impact our ability to fly a new survey. These include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiations with Air traffic Control
- Weather concerns such as high turbulence and large amounts of cloud cover
- Low angle of the sun (This causes shadows to be captured which mar the photos).
For these reasons, we are unable to give specific schedules for our imagery updates. To get a good understanding of when you should expect our surveys to be updated we recommend you:
- Check out our coverage <http://nearmap.com/coverage> page to see how many captures your area is scheduled to receive per year.
- Review our historic captures for the area. In MapBrowser you can use the date selection tool (https://docs.nearmap.com/display/ND/Date+Selection+Tool) when zoomed in to a particular area to see historical captures.
Note that significant events such as the 2019 - 2020 Australia bushfires or the 2020 global pandemic will have significant effects on our capture plans.