About Data Usage Calculation
Your data usage is measured in bytes of Nearmap proprietary aerial imagery viewed.
These activities do consume data:
- Viewing a site, zooming in, panning around
- Selecting a date to view from the date dropdown box
- Consuming Nearmap imagery via an integration such as WMS, ArcGIS Online, TMS, APIs and KML (Google Super-overlay)
- Solar reports (typically less than 1MB per report)
These activities don't consume data:
- Panning over the world map at low resolution
- Zooming and panning over an area that is not covered by Nearmap aerial imagery
- Viewing Roadmaps
- Viewing StreetView
How Much Data Will I Consume?
A typical virtual site visit consumes about three megabytes of data on a high resolution monitor.
Virtual site visits
250MB per month
Up to 20 per week
1 GB per month
Up to 80 per week
4 GB per month
Up to 320 per week
10 GB per month
Up to 800 per week
25 GB per month
Up to 2000 per week
Screen Resolution and Data Consumption
The larger your monitor, the more data you use at each step. With a screen resolution of 1024x768 you'll typically consume less than a megabyte per virtual site visit. On a larger HD screen (1920x1080 pixels) you’ll typically consume three megabytes per site visit.
You can reduce your data usage on a large screen by not running your web browser at full screen size.
This image illustrates the impact of window size on the amount of image data downloaded.