Nearmap is running a controlled pilot of Delegated Authentication.
What is Delegated Authentication?
Delegated Authentication allows the Nearmap users on your account to authenticate against your user directory. e.g Active Directory, instead of using Nearmap credentials.
- Password policies, such as complexity and frequency of change, are managed by your organisation.
- Your users will have one less password to remember.
- Your account will be more secure as users are less likely to share their username and password.
- New starters can be automatically setup on first login, reducing the need for you to invite new users to your account. This is available if you select what we call 'Just-in-Time Provisioning'.
Participation in the Pilot
To express interest in the trial simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Nearmap account manager and confirm:
- With which user directory your organization would like to connect.
- That you have an internet-facing directory / auth page.
- That you have an IT team that is willing to work with us. This includes simple configuration for your user directory.
- That you are willing to provide feedback and enhancement suggestions.
- That you are willing to run pre-release software in production. This just means that you are aware that this is a beta-quality product from our point of view, so we don't have full support for it yet. No software needs to be installed on your side.
After you express interest in participating, we will contact you to let you know what configuration we would like you to do. The entire process should take only a few days.