This section refers to measurement tools for vertical imagery. Please refer to Measurement Tools for Oblique Imagery for line and area tools.
In addition to this document, you can view our MapBrowser tutorial video on how to use the Measurement Tools.
With the vertical measurement tools, you can:
- Measure the length of a straight line
- and the
- length of a path composed of multiple lines, and choose whether to view the elevation profile for the line or path
- Draw a polygon on the map and measure its area and the length of its sides
- Draw a circle on the map and measure its area and radius
In each of the measurement tool tools you can choose whether :
- The units of measurement
- The colour of the line/area
- The brightness of the line/area
- The opacity of the area of a polygon/circle
- Whether to display or hide the measurement labels
Measuring Using a Web Browser
Measure the length of an object or path using the line tool:
Measure the area of an object or space:
Find the area, radius, diameter, and circumference of a circle:
Please refer to Height and Width Tools to learn how to measure height and width using oblique imagery.
Measuring on Tablet Devices
- To start measuring, tap the first point you want to measure from:
Adjusting a Measurement
To adjust a measurement touch any point along the line, area, or radius, and drag to a new position.
|Note: You can move the Radius and the Text annotation by dragging them around the map by touching and dragging at the center.|