- Obtain a Simple WMS URL from the self service customer portal.
Open ArcGIS Pro.
Select New → Map:
You will then be prompted to Create a New Project. Click OK to proceed.
- In the Contents window, right-click Map and select Properties.
Select Coordinate System, then select the map projection or coordinate system you wish to use, then click OK. The projection you choose should match the one you plan to use from the Nearmap WMS server. For example:
Info icon false
Note: It is very important that you don't skip this step, so that ArcGIS Pro knows to which projection the WMS service needs to be aligned.
- Go to Insert → Connections → New WMS Server:
In the Add WMS Server Connection window enter:
At Server URL, enter the Simple WMS URL including your API Key: https://api.nearmap.com/wms/v1/latest/apikey/<YOUR_API_KEY>
- Do not enter anything in the User Name and Password fields.
- Click OK.
- You should see an expandable list of available Nearmap WMS layers appear in the Catalog window. Read more about the Simple WMS Layers.
- Just click and drag NearMap WMS Server onto either the map or the Table of Contents section.
- Right-click NearMap WMS Server and select Properties:
- In the Display tab of the Layer Properties window, set the Layer Image Format to JPEG and click OK. This will substantially improve performance and reduce data usage compared with PNG, at a very small cost to image quality.
- As you zoom in, higher resolution imagery will be loaded on demand.