This guide describes the features of the New MapBrowser.
, and includes the following sections:
|Table of Contents|
You may also be interested in:
- Accessing the new New MapBrowser
- Moving around the MapBrowser
- Panorama and Oblique Imagery
The new MapBrowser page includes the following elements:
- Help & Support - get support, access our product documentation, and give feedback.
- My Account - access your account page.
- Sign Out - sign out of Nearmap.
Use the Search box to
- Location tool - use this tool to find information for a location on the map. Please refer to the Location Tool guide.
- Text tool - use this tool to add text annotations to imagery in MapBrowser. Please refer to the Text Annotations section on this page.
- Measurement tools for vertical imagery - use these tools to measure the length of an object or path, and its elevation profile using the line tool. Measure the area of an object or space, or find the radius. Please refer to the Measurement Tools for Vertical Imagery guide.
- Text tool - use this tool to add text annotations to imagery in MapBrowser. Please refer to the Text Annotations section on this page. Measurement tools for oblique imagery - use these tools to measure 3D lines and 3D areas tool. Please refer to the Measurement Tools for Oblique Imagery guide.
- Height and Width Tools tools - use these tools to measure the distance along the ground in Oblique photos. Please refer to the Height and Width Tools guide.
- Projects tool - use this tool to create, open, and manage projects. Please refer to the Projects Tool guide.
- Export tool - use this tool to save an image from MapBrowser or export an image to be used in other applications. Please refer to the Export guide.
Vertical - This is the standard, fully orthorectified overhead aerial map.
Roads - The Roads shows a view of the street maps only, with no aerial imagery visible.
3D - The 3D shows you the imagery.
lick on any of the cardinal directions on the compass to quickly switch to a North, South, East or West Panorama for the current location.
Read more in the Date Selection Tool guide.
9) Scale Bar
You can use the scale bar on all imagery base layers.
- The scale bar will automatically change based on your zoom level.
- The scale is displayed automatically in meters for Australian users, and feet for US users.
- When you use Export Screenshot the scale bar will be included in the saved image.
You can zoom in easily using your mouse or trackpad on your computer, or using pinch & zoom on a touch screen device.
Read about how to move about in MapBrowser from any device in Moving around the MapBrowser
Read more about viewing a location in Google Street View.