In this guide:
Exploring the world is easy in MapBrowser
Every user has access to our web application, MapBrowser. MapBrowser is an intuitive interface that lets you easily explore your locations of interest, examine change through historical content, take accurate measurements of important site features, and organise your work into saved projects. No GIS expertise is required, so you can dive in and start getting important insights right away.
Let’s get started!
- Get to know the MapBrowser tools
- Manage projects with Projects Workspace
- Discover other ways to integrate Nearmap to your workflow
Get to know the MapBrowser tools
- Explore a location - Quickly search your location of interest by street address, latitude and longitude coordinates, suburbs, places of interest or by simply copying a MapBrowser URL. You can flick between base layers to change your perspective and get a closer look.
- Take measurements remotely - Nearmap high resolution imagery means you can inspect and measure sites from the comfort of your office. With the built-in measurement tools, you can confidently take line and area measurements, and leave notes with the annotation tool.
- Navigate back in time - Every subscription comes with access to our rich catalogue of historical content which enables you to go back in time. Every imagery is timestamped, so you have a reference of when the photo was taken and compare imagery to detect change.
- Export imagery - We made it easy for you to export high resolution imagery to use in your presentations and design workflows! Just click on the Export tool to download georeferenced or high resolution imagery of your project area. Use the Snapshot button to take a screenshot at your screen's resolution.
Managing Projects with Projects Workspace
Projects Workspace lets you add content-rich information to your location of interest, which you can save, organise and revisit.
- Save and refine your best laid plans - Create, name, and save plans and layouts on Nearmap high resolution imagery. Return to and update your projects as many times as required, and save unlimited projects.
- Understand all your projects at a glance - Easily sort & save projects with custom tags, and view all your projects in a single dashboard. You can also archive lower priority projects.
- Measure once, analyse infinitely - Projects remembers your site measurements and annotations, so you don’t have to. Deepen your understanding with the ability to measure a sum of areas or distances in a single click.
- Group critical site features in layers - Organise your site insights by grouping similar objects or features in distinct layers, colours and opacity. You can also import KML and overlay extra content on the imagery give you the extra context you need to understand the site.
Going beyond MapBrowser
Nearmap content is designed to be incredibly easy to adopt — simply explore the content you need, export, and import straight to your preferred third party application. We’ve worked closely with industry-leading platforms to ensure seamless integrations. Here are a few you might be familiar with:
Ready to learn more?
Nearmap Oblique allows you to view a location from multiple directional perspectives, providing you with a 45-degree view of the world.
Quickly measure the height of structure, roof area and slope to better contextualise your environment.
Immerse yourself in photorealistic city models with 3D Viewer - obtain elevation data, measure height and distance between buildings with this powerful feature available in MapBrowser.
Learn more about the range of Nearmap 3D content available for on-demand export in 3D Export Pro as part of this premium offering.
The built environment is a rapidly changing place. Use our AI data to detect change over time, or streamline your data analysis for a higher quality result, at greater scale, and updated more regularly.
Export our AI data for analysis with either geospatial software or a simple spreadsheet.
Also in the Getting Started series...
- Getting Started Series
- Getting to Know the Knowledge Hub
- Getting Started as a Nearmap Administrator
- Getting Started as a Nearmap User
- Getting Started with MapBrowser
- Getting Started with Integrations
- Getting Started with Nearmap Content
- Getting started with Nearmap on OpenSolar
- Getting Started with WMS 2.0
- Getting Started with Nearmap APIs
- Getting Started with Nearmap Vertical
- Getting Started with Nearmap Oblique
- Getting started with Nearmap 3D
- Getting started with Nearmap AI