Sharing a Location using New MapBrowser
Share a location with other MapBrowser users by copying the URL from your browser.
- Latitude and Longitude are given in decimal degrees format
- Zoom level is based on the web map tile
Sharing a Location using MapBrowser Classic
You can create a hyperlink for a location on the map using the Location tool. This hyperlink will take the recipient directly to a location in the MapBrowser. The date of the imagery is also embedded in the hyperlink you create.
To generate a hyperlink for a location in the MapBrowser:
- From the Toolbar Select the Location tool (looks like a pin).
- Click on the location on the map that you want to share. The Location panel appears.
- In the Location panel, the Share field will contain the URL for your location.
- Highlight the full URL, right-click and select Copy.
A hyperlink to the location with your selected imagery date is copied to your clipboard. Now you can paste it to share it with another Nearmap user.
Remember that whoever you send the hyperlink to will need to be logged in to Nearmap to use it.
For more information about the location tool, refer to Location Tool.