This section refers to measurement tools for vertical imagery. Please refer to Measurement Tools for Oblique Imagery for 3D line and area tools.
In addition to this document, you can view our MapBrowser tutorial video on how to use Measurement Tool.
With the vertical measurement tools, you can:
- Measure the length of a straight line
- Measure the length of a path composed of multiple lines
- Draw a polygon on the map and measure its area and the length of its sides
- Draw a circle on the map and measure its area and radius
In each of the measurement tools you can choose:
- The units of measurement
- The colour of the line/area
- The opacity of the area of a polygon/circle
- Whether to display or hide the measurement labels
Note: The MapBrowser's measurement tools use appropriate local representations of the Earth's surface and are typically accurate to +/- 15 cm for distances up to 200 m.
Measuring Using a Web Browser
Measure the length of an object or path using the line tool:
Measure the area of an object or space:
Find the area, radius, diameter, and circumference of a circle:
Measuring on Tablet Devices
You can measure Vertical imagery on tablets using our Line, Area and Radius tools. You can also easily add text annotations using the Text tool.
- To start measuring, tap the first point you want to measure from:
Adjusting a Measurement
To adjust a measurement touch any point along the line, area, or radius, and drag to a new position.