Accessing oblique content
Go to the location you want, then switch to oblique view, either by selecting Oblique from the base layer picker (A) or by clicking VIEW OBLIQUES in the Inspector Panel (B).
Drawing the line
- Once you are in oblique view, click the Line tool.
- Zoom into the structure you want to measure, then draw a line along the slope you want to measure.
- In the Inspector Panel click Next and you will see the vertical view of that structure. Drag each endpoint of the line to the slope you are measuring.
You will now be able to see the slope in degrees, as well as the line length.
You might find it helpful to click between the primary view and the secondary view when you are measuring the lines.
Once you are done, you can change to any view, and the line will still be there.
- Zoom in as much as possible and take your time for best results.
- Always draw along the edge of the structure you want to measure.
- Switch back to the primary view to check line placement and orientation if you are not sure.
- You can also choose another photo from a different direction from the drop-down list in the Layer Manager (see image on right).
- Ensure you are zoomed in enough when drawing the line. Drawing the line when not zoomed in may result in a less accurate measurement (see example below).
When zoomed out too far the slope is 7.5 degrees
When zoomed in the pitch is 7 degrees
Other ways to edit and manage measurements
There's a lot you can do on the map, from Inspector Panel and from Layer Manager to edit and manage your measurements.
Refer to the article Common Measurement Actions.