This guide includes the following sections:
Watch the video: MapBrowser - 3D Viewer & 3D Export
For 3D export to be available, it is required that your organisation have a 3D Export licence and that export credits are still available for your license. You also need to have 3D export permissions, which your account administrator can provide you.
3D Content for Export
The following table lists the formats that can be exported from MapBrowser, and the typical download size for each format.
Check the 3D PRODUCTS page for more discussion about these formats:
|Format||Typical download size per km2 / mi2|
|3D Textured Mesh|
|.OBJ||1.4 GB / 3.58 GB|
|.SLPK||0.8 GB / 2.05 GB|
|.3MX||0.5 GB / 1.28 GB|
|.FBX||0.375 GB / 1 GB|
|3D Point Cloud|
|.LAS||1.1 GB / 2.8 GB|
|.TIF (GeoTIFF 32-bit floating point)||150 MB / 358 MB|
900 MB / 2.3 GB
3D Export Allowance
Exporting 3D Imagery
1. Access 3D Export
Click the Export tool and select 3D from the drop-down menu:
2. Define the Export Area
Draw the area you wish to export. The area can be any shape of polygon, it
3. Choose the Capture
Each 3D capture is made up of multiple surveys, flown at different dates, so the
4. Select the Content Type and Format
5. Name the Export
This step is optional. Name the export, or use the default name of the export, which is the capture name. Naming the export can help you identify each of your downloads when you go back to them in the future.
6. Perform the Export
An export summary will be displayed. Click EXPORT to proceed, or CANCEL to go back and change the export details.
The Downloads screen will open, showing your downloads list and the status of each download, including the current one.
When the download is ready you can expand the tab to see what files are included in the export. The 3D File Contents guide provides a detailed explanation of each file included in each content type.
Click Ready for Download to start downloading the files.
Once downloaded, you can use the files in one of the third-party applications.
|3D Textured Mesh|
|3D Textured Mesh OBJ|
|Text file containing projection offset values.|
|3D Textured Mesh SLPK|
|3D Textured Mesh 3MX|
|3D Textured Mesh FBX|
|Mesh.fbm||Folder containing textures.|
|Mesh.fbx.ofs||Text file containing projection offset values.|
|3D Point Cloud|
|3D Point Cloud LAS|
|True Ortho GeoTIFF|
The download status can be any one of the following:
- Pending - the export is about to start being processed by our system. This lasts only for a few seconds after clicking the EXPORT button.
- Running - the export is currently being processed by our system. This may take any time from seconds to a few hours depending on the size of the export area, the terrain of the export area, and the requested file types. At this point you have not yet been charged.
- Ready for Download - The export has been correctly processed and you can download the imagery.
- Failed - the export failed to export properly. In the rare case where this may happen, please contact Nearmap Support: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be charged for the download.
Tips for Exporting 3D
If you want to export a single building, select an area slightly bigger than the building you want to export, to avoid getting an incomplete 3D image.
Exporting 3D FAQs
When you click the EXPORT button the export process is supposed to start, as you will be able to see in the Downloads screen. If you clicked the EXPORT button and nothing happened, your firewall or proxy server may be blocking these addresses:
- Australia -
- United States - https://kepler-exports-prod-us-east-1.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/test.txt