These instructions apply to Esri's ArcGIS Pro® 2.3.2, and describe how to load JPG and JGW files exported from Nearmap without losing their georeferencing information. Note that the JPG and JGW filenames (except for their extensions) must be identical and in the same folder. This allows the software to load the JGW automatically when you load the JPG.
Open ArcGIS Pro.
Select New → Map:
You will then be prompted to Create a New Project. Click OK to proceed.
- Go to View → Catalog Pane. Once the Catalog pane is open, go to Favorites, then Add Item, then Add Folder:
- Navigate to the georeferenced file you want to import and select it. Then right-click the file and Add to Project:
- Go to Project in the Catalog pane. Right-click the jpg file and click Properties.
- Scroll down to the Spatial Reference and click on the globe:
- Set the projection, which is indicated at the start of the georeferenced file name. In this case search for 3857, and WGS 1984 Web Mercator will be displayed. Click OK to proceed:
In the Contents pane right-click on your map and select Properties:
Select the Coordinate Systems tab, then search for the local projection you want your map to be in, and click OK. If the map is already in your desired coordinate system, then skip this step.
Drop and drag the jpg file into the base map from the Catalog pane: